Friday, November 2, 2012

replica rolex watches   Then he said

  Then he said, "I have an idea that if you find your secretary youwill be half way to solving the mystery."T. X. went out from the office in anything but a joyous mood,ugg bailey button triplet 1873 boots. Hewas on his way to lunch when he remembered his promise to callupon John Lexman.
  Could Lexman supply a key which would unravel this tragic tangle?
  He leant out of his taxi-cab and redirected the driver. Ithappened that the cab drove up to the door of the Great MidlandHotel as John Lexman was coming out.
  "Come and lunch with me," said T. X. "I suppose you've heard allthe news.""I read about Kara being killed, if that's what you mean," saidthe other. "It was rather a coincidence that I should have beendiscussing the matter last night at the very moment when histelephone bell rang - I wish to heaven you hadn't been in this,"he said fretfully,Fake Designer Handbags.
  "Why?" asked the astonished Assistant Commissioner, "and what doyou mean by 'in it'?""In the concrete sense I wish you had not been present when Ireturned," said the other moodily, "I wanted to be finished withthe whole sordid business without in any way involving myfriends.""I think you are too sensitive," laughed the other, clapping himon the shoulder. "I want you to unburden yourself to me, my dearchap, and tell me anything you can that will help me to clear upthis mystery."John Lexman looked straight ahead with a worried frown.
  "I would do almost anything for you, T. X.," he said quietly, "themore so since I know how good you were to Grace, but I can't helpyou in this matter. I hated Kara living, I hate him dead," hecried, and there was a passion in his voice which wasunmistakable; "he was the vilest thing that ever drew the breathof life. There was no villainy too despicable, no cruelty sohorrid but that he gloried in it. If ever the devil wereincarnate on earth he took the shape and the form of RemingtonKara. He died too merciful a death by all accounts. But if thereis a God, this man will suffer for his crimes in hell through alleternity."T. X. looked at him in astonishment. The hate in the man's facetook his breath away. Never before had he experienced orwitnessed such a vehemence of loathing.
  "What did Kara do to you?" he demanded.
  The other looked out of the window.
  "I am sorry,nike shox torch ii," he said in a milder tone; "that is my weakness.
  Some day I will tell you the whole story but for the moment itwere better that it were not told. I will tell you this," heturned round and faced the detective squarely,Designer Handbags, "Kara tortured andkilled my wife."T. X. said no more.
  Half way through lunch he returned indirectly to the subject.
  "Do you know Gathercole?" he asked.
  T. X. nodded.
  "I think you asked me that question once before, or perhaps it wassomebody else. Yes, I know him, rather an eccentric man with anartificial arm.""That's the cove," said T. X. with a little sigh; "he's one of thefew men I want to meet just now.""Why?""Because he was apparently the last man to see Kara alive."John Lexman looked at the other with an impatient jerk of hisshoulders.
  "You don't suspect Gathercole, do you?" he asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment